Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gear Crushers

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cruz Pedregon Announces Departure of Crew Chief Jason Bunker

(0 reviews)

Two-time NHRA Funny Car world champion Cruz Pedregon confirmed Wednesday that crew chief Jason Bunker has departed Cruz Pedregon Racing (CPR) to pursue other opportunities. The team issued a brief statement wishing Bunker well as both sides move forward.

After flashes of strong performance in 2025—including a playoff-opening win at the NHRA Reading Nationals—Pedregon says the move aligns with a larger effort to reshape the program for long-term success.

“With this transition, CPR is fully focused on redefining its program and building the foundation for a stronger, more competitive 2026 season,” the statement read.

Pedregon emphasized that the team is already deep into its offseason planning.

“Our attention is on strengthening our operation and putting the right pieces in place for 2026,” Pedregon said. “We’re confident in our direction and motivated to keep improving. The work we put in now will define the season ahead.”

Despite an up-and-down 2025 campaign, Pedregon delivered standout performances that demonstrated the potential of the Snap-On Tools Dodge Charger Funny Car. He kicked off the Countdown with a victory at Maple Grove Raceway and added a No. 1 qualifier award at Norwalk earlier in the summer. Pedregon, who owns 40 career wins, remains one of the most experienced and driven competitors in the Funny Car ranks.

As CPR begins the process of restructuring its leadership and tuning approach, Pedregon says the goal is simple: return to championship-contending form. Expect further updates on staffing and direction as the team continues building toward the 2026 NHRA Mission Foods Drag Racing Series.

This story was originally published on December 3, 2025. Drag Illustrated

The post Cruz Pedregon Announces Departure of Crew Chief Jason Bunker first appeared on Drag Illustrated.

View the full article

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.

Street Clubs

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.