Nascar
12,562 topics in this forum
-
It was less than four months ago, during an interview at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where Wilson said, “We’re all behind,” when it came to the development and testing of the new car. At that point, NASCAR had conducted just one multi-car test at Daytona International Speedway, and that produced a list of new issues, including driver cockpit overheating and problems with the car’s ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 113 views
-
-
The 2022 edition of 'The Clash' is completely unrecognizable from its predecessors as NASCAR tries something truly new to unofficially kick off the new season. The event has always taken place at Daytona International Speedway since it began in 1979. In 2021, NASCAR moved the race from the Daytona oval to the infield road course for the very first time. But this year, the exhibition race heads ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 163 views
-
-
Earlier this month, Stewart-Haas Racing named Preece its ‘reserve driver’ for the 2022 season and announced he would compete in several races across all three national series, including two with SHR in Cup. On Thursday, RWR – which begins a technical alliance with SHR this season – said Preece, 31, would compete in multiple races this season in RWR’s No. 15 Ford. Preece’s first ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 134 views
-
-
Although the tandem draft we saw dominate superspeedway racing at the beginning of the 2010s is long gone and will likely never return, the ability to push another car out in front of the pack could still prove to be the winning move in February's Daytona 500. Three-time Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin showed just how powerful it can be when he pushed Joey Logano out in front of the pack during ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 105 views
-
-
After single-car runs, tandem drafts, and pack racing that exceeded a dozen cars, NASCAR has decided on a superspeedway package for the 2022 season. A 7-inch spoiler with 510hp will be utilized at Daytona, Talladega and the newly reconfigured Atlanta Motor speedway. There were no on-track incidents during the two-day test with the only issue of note being an engine failure for Denny Hamlin and ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 108 views
-
-
Since 1997, the winner of the Daytona 500 has been presented with the Harley J. Earl Trophy in Victory Lane, and the winning car is put on display in its race-winning condition for one year at the Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum adjacent to Daytona International Speedway. However, with the delays in the development of the NASCAR Cup Next Gen car and supply-chain issues for its parts and ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 90 views
-
-
Since 1997, the winner of the Daytona 500 has been presented with the Harley J. Earl Trophy in Victory Lane, and the winning car is put on display in its race-winning condition for one year at what is now the Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum adjacent to Daytona International Speedway. However, with the delays in the development of the NASCAR Cup Series’ Next Gen car and supply-chain issues ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 87 views
-
-
Villeneuve has spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway driving the #27 Ford in the Next Gen test for Team Hezeberg, a new Cup team this season formed between racing legend Toine Hezemans and Dutch entrepreneur Ernst Berg. Loris Hezemans, the 2019 NASCAR Euro champion, plans to compete in all the road course events on the Cup schedule in 2022, but is not yet approved for ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 105 views
-
-
Villeneuve, 50, has spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway driving the No. 27 Ford in the Next Gen test for Team Hezeberg, a new Cup Series team this season formed between racing legend Toine Hezemans and Dutch entrepreneur Ernst Berg. Loris Hezemans, the 2019 NASCAR Euro champion, plans to compete in all the road course events on the Cup schedule in 2022 with the team ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 95 views
-
-
Ragan, 36, is a veteran of the NASCAR Cup Series with 472 starts and two victories - both at superspeedways. In February, he will attempt to make his 16th start in the Daytona 500. The other races he plans to run will be announced at a later date. “I am thrilled to be back in The DAYTONA 500 driving the new 2022 Ford Mustang for RWR,” said Ragan in a release from the team. “I ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 116 views
-
-
The two-time Daytona 500 winner hasn't raced a Cup car since his retirement following the 2017 season, but is participating in a two-day test at Daytona International Speedway with his former Hendrick Motorsports team while reigning Cup champion Kyle Larson is competing in the Chili Bowl, an important short track midget racing event. Speaking following the first day of running, 47-year-old ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 104 views
-
-
John Probst, NASCAR’s senior vice president of innovation and racing development, said NASCAR came to this week’s two-day test with two aero packages to test but the results from the first 10-lap drafting session made its decision an easy one. The package utilized features 510 horsepower and a 7-inch spoiler and similar to what was run at a recent Goodyear tire test at the reconfigured ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 94 views
-
-
Earnhardt, 47, is taking part of the two-day pre-season test at Daytona with Hendrick Motorsports. The two-time Daytona 500 champion is there both as a driver to help the team prepare for the 2022 season and as a commentator to better educate himself on the new car . "We're just trying to learn everything we can," said Earnhardt on NASCAR's livestream of the test. "I’m trying to learn about ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 114 views
-
-
Just over two hours into the first of a two-day test, NASCAR asked teams to run a 10-lap drafting test on the 2.5-mile superspeedway. In the test, the cars utilized an aero package featuring 510 horsepower with a 7-inch spoiler. While NASCAR didn’t immediately release timing and scoring data from the session, officials said the speeds were “comparable” to those seen at Daytona during the ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 95 views
-
-
Just over two hours into the first of a two-day test, NASCAR asked teams to run a 10-lap drafting test on the 2.5-mile superspeedway. In the test, the cars utilised an aero package featuring 510 horsepower with a seven-inch spoiler. While NASCAR didn’t immediately release timing and scoring data from the session, officials said the speeds were “comparable” to those seen at Daytona during ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 107 views
-
-
As our video (above) shows, Penske’s Joey Logano and Austin Cindric – along with Cup rookie Harrison Burton for Wood Bros Racing – got a taste of multi-car drafting with their Ford Mustangs which are built to the new rules. Logano told NASCAR’s livestream reporter: “It’s so much fun, it’s a new car and there is low-hanging fruit, easy wins to grab to make your car better ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 87 views
-
-
With reigning Cup Series champion Kyle Larson competing this week at the Chili Bowl Nationals, Hendrick Motorsports announced Monday that Earnhardt will test Larson’s #5 Chevrolet today (Tuesday) and tomorrow at Daytona International Speedway test. The 47-year-old, who currently works as a NASCAR TV analyst for NBC, retired from the Cup Series at the end of the 2017 season but has since ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 81 views
-
-
NASCAR has traded in the 'Carousel' for a return to the familiar 'Chute' section of Sonoma Raceway in 2022. NASCAR utilized the longer 2.52-mile layout, which bypassed the Chute, from 2019 to 2021. The shorter layout was used from 1998 to 2018. “We heard from many fans and drivers how much they loved it when we raced the Chute,” said Sonoma Raceway EVP and General Manager Jill Gregory ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 103 views
-
-
With reigning Cup Series champion Kyle Larson competing this week at the Chili Bowl Nationals, Hendrick Motorsports announced Monday that Earnhardt will test Larson’s No. 5 Chevrolet Tuesday and Wednesday at the organizational test at Daytona International Speedway. “Excited to get more time behind the wheel of this new car. It’s absolutely necessary for me to do my best in the ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 84 views
-
-
Almirola, 37, will complete the 2022 season driving the No. 10 Ford for Stewart-Haas Racing with longtime sponsor Smithfield Foods and then step away following the No. 6 season finale at Phoenix. “I truly enjoy driving race cars and I’m excited to race my heart out in 2022 for Smithfield and Stewart-Haas Racing,” Almirola said. “But to be the best in this business, you’ve got to be ...Keep readingView the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 101 views
-
Recently Browsing 0
- No registered users viewing this page.