Nascar
12,562 topics in this forum
-
NASCAR will begin its 2021 season the way it ended 2020, with limited fans in attendance for the opener at the Daytona 500 View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 232 views
-
-
Cindric, 22, is set to compete in this weekend’s Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) Classic Sebring 12 Hour presented by the Alan Jay Automotive Network at Sebring International Raceway. Cindric clinched his first Xfinity title on Nov. 7 at Phoenix International Raceway with Team Penske. He will spend time Thursday through Sunday as a co-driver in the CRP Racing-prepared 2009 No. 2 Audi R8 ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 275 views
-
-
Allmendinger has raced part-time with Kaulig since 2019, winning on three occasions. Next year, he will join Jeb Burton and Justin Haley as the team intends to run three cars full-time. The team started as a single-car operation just four years ago and have since won seven races. Allmendinger will pilot the No. 16 Chevrolet Camaro. “As a part-time driver for Kaulig Racing in the ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 314 views
-
-
LaJoie, 29, will drive Spire’s No. 7 Chevrolet beginning with the Feb. 14 Daytona 500. LaJoie, a third-generation racer whose father and grandfather are members of the New England Auto Racing Hall of Fame, spent the last two seasons at Go Fas Racing. He provided the team’s best finish in a Cup race, sixth at Daytona in the 2019 season. An expanding operation In August, Spire ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 282 views
-
-
Willliam “Rowdy” Harrell, who most recently served as a tire carrier on driver Alex Bowman’s No. 88 NASCAR Cup Series team, and his wife, Blakley, died at the scene in a head-on car crash in the Florida Keys Tuesday night, according to police reports. The crash happened around 9:40 p.m. at mile marker 76 on U.S. 1 on Lower Matecumbe Key. William, 30, and Blakley, 23, had been married on ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 290 views
-
-
Truex, the 28-year-old younger brother of former Cup Series champion Martin Truex Jr., ran nine races with Niece during the 2020 season with his best finish of 12th coming at Las Vegas and Kansas. While the younger Truex has extensive NASCAR experience, the 2021 season will only be the third in which he has had the opportunity to run a full schedule in a national series – Cup, Xfinity and ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 314 views
-
-
A statement posted to Shepherd’s team’s Web site on Monday said Shepherd, 79, was in the early stages of the nervous system disorder. “In true Shepherd fashion, he is determined to look into 2021 and make plans for another year of NASCAR racing, as a car owner,” the statement from Shepherd Racing Ventures said. “We all have had challenges to overcome and Morgan has always wanted to ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 328 views
-
-
Nemechek, who just completed his rookie Cup Series season with Front Row Motorsports, will move back to the Truck Series in 2021. He will compete for the title with KBM, driving the No. 4 Toyota Tundra. The 23-year-old revealed last week that he and FRM would part ways, leaving many to wonder where the young racer was heading with limited rides available at the Cup level. Read ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 357 views
-
-
The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series showcases 2 different championships: EuroNASCAR Pro is dedicated to professional and high profile drivers, while the EuroNASCAR 2 is restricted to young and amateur drivers. Both drivers share the same car but score points in their own championship. Each division will run two races at each of the seven events for a total of 28 races over the season. “We are ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 231 views
-
-
In fact, it was just the opposite. Tifft began searching for options to make NASCAR a long-term home even if it involved something other than driving race cars. Last October, Tifft – who was competing in the Cup series with Front Row Motorsports at the time – was forced to the sidelines after experiencing seizures. The first steps of his future were unveiled Friday when he and fellow ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 241 views
-
-
Next year’s schedule features 22 races, down from 23 in recent years, but includes added dirt and road course events. The series’ first dirt race will take place at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway on March 27, joining the Cup Series for an action-packed weekend on the short track’s return to a temporary dirt surface. Then, on July 9, trucks will roll into Knoxville (Iowa) Raceway for ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 243 views
-
-
Two former Cup Series champions – Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr. – took part in this week’s two-day test, with Busch driving a car prepared by Richard Childress Racing in collaboration with NASCAR and Truex in a car built by Action Express. The drivers spent several hours Monday testing on the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval course while they spent Wednesday on the track’s 1.5-mile oval ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 259 views
-
-
Two former Cup Series champions - Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr - took part in this week's two-day test at Charlotte, with Busch driving a car prepared by Richard Childress Racing in collaboration with NASCAR and Truex in a car built by Action Express. The drivers spent several hours Monday testing on the Charlotte Motor Speedway 'roval' course while they spent Wednesday on the track's ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 153 views
-
-
NASCAR's Next Gen car received better reviews from its drivers on the Charlotte road layout than on the oval course, says senior vice president of racing innovation John Probst View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 221 views
-
-
For the third consecutive season, Chase Elliott was named the winner Wednesday night of the 2020 National Motorsports Press Association’s Most Popular Driver Award. This is the 30th consecutive year a member of the Earnhardt or Elliott family has won the award, including Chase’s father, Hall of Famer Bill Elliott, who won the award each season from 1984 to 2002. Darrell Waltrip (1990) ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 262 views
-
-
On Tuesday, JGR announced Adam Stevens, who has served as Busch’s crew chief the past six seasons and won two championships with the driver, will move to the No. 20 team, where he will serve in the same capacity with driver Christopher Bell. Together, Busch and Stevens won 28 races and series titles in 2015 and 2019. The two also collected 19 wins in the Xfinity Series. Busch went winless ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 205 views
-
-
The ex-JTG Racing car, which Ambrose used to secure his first Nationwide win at Watkins Glen in 2008, has been in Australia since last year, when it was purchased by local motorsport personality Brett 'Crusher' Murray. It's been mechanically rebuilt since its active career, but aesthetically left untouched since it rolled out of Victory Lane after the Ambrose triumph. Today it turned its ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 220 views
-
-
Busch and Truex spent much of Monday testing the new-design Cup car at Charlotte, the first involving more than one car. Busch drove a car prepared by Richard Childress Racing in collaboration with NASCAR, with an engine built by ECR Engines, and was previously tested at Auto Club Speedway and Dover. Truex drove a car built by Action Express, with a Ford-manufactured engine, and tested by ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 163 views
-
-
Martin Truex Jr says NASCAR Cup's Next Gen car "does everything a little bit better", having tested it along with Kurt Busch at Charlotte's 'roval' circuit View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 236 views
-
-
The non-points event will be held on Tuesday night, Feb. 9, on the Daytona International Speedway Road Course, the same 14-turn, 3.61-mile course used each year by the Rolex 24 (aside from an additional fourth-turn chicane). Recently, eligibility for the Clash has been mostly based on the pole winners from the previous season but the COVID-19 pandemic forced NASCAR to cancel most qualifying and ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 230 views
-
Recently Browsing 0
- No registered users viewing this page.