Nascar
12,562 topics in this forum
-
The start of Saturday's NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway was delayed by debris strewn about the track, which came from Briscoe's race car. He was forced to pit road and fell several laps down, but rebounded impressively to finish seventh and on the lead lap. Read Also: Burton scores last-gasp Miami win, Dale Earnhardt Jr stars Nonetheless, NASCAR ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 223 views
-
-
Busch had to start from the rear and take a drive-through penalty on the opening lap due to an L1 penalty in pre-race technical. He explained: "The deal with the infraction was just a fluke deal, it was a bar that was legal here last year but not legal this year, and it hadn't been back to the fab shop." Despite brushing the wall on his first run, Busch returned to imperious form in stage two ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 243 views
-
-
Earnhardt drove from 12th place to the lead in Miami, and only lost a certain runner-up finish due to a late-race caution period. Since his retirement from full-time competition in 2017, he has run one Xfinity Series race per year, but admitted after Saturday’s race that this might have been his final start. “Right now I think it’s going to stay the same, I’m not doing any more ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 213 views
-
-
That late-race restart catapulted Burton into the lead battle, and he seized his chance in style to beat Austin Cindric, as longtime race leader Noah Gragson fell short. Burton said: “What a day, if people keep on doubting us, we’re gonna keep coming back. What a race, this place is so much fun. I’m ready to go again tomorrow, and get two!” Earnhardt showed zero signs of rust from ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 209 views
-
-
Since his fulltime retirement from competition at the end of 2017, Earnhardt Jr. has run one Xfinity race per season with his own JR Motorsports team at various tracks. He will race the #8 Hellmann’s car at Homestead-Miami Speedway Saturday, in a race rescheduled from March. But the health screening and PPE protocols that NASCAR has put in place means that he’s planning to spend as little ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 205 views
-
-
Bubba Wallace has always understood his platform as the only full-time, African American driver in NASCAR View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 224 views
-
-
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a plan for Saturday, one unlike any other he’s had in more than two decades of getting behind the wheel at NASCAR events View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 230 views
-
-
The tentative schedule will have the series return to competition at the Autodromo Piero Taruffi of Vallelunga on September 12-13. The Italian track will welcome the Euro Series for the first time. In all, there are five planned NASCAR GPs. Italy will be followed by Belgium at Zolder, Germany at Hockenheim, Czech Republic at Most and Spain at Valencia. The locations will host four races each ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 255 views
-
-
Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano, Ryan Blaney and Bubba Wallace have all cut ties with the company. In a series of tweets, the hemet designer was critical of NASCAR's decision to ban the Confederate flag, as well as other recent policy changes. A sample of their reaction is shown below: Wallace was one of the first to respond to the helmet designer's comments, saying he ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 239 views
-
-
Daugherty, a retired NBA player and winning NASCAR Cup Series team owner, told the CNN anchor that NASCAR's decision surprised him. "It caught me off-guard totally," he admitted to Baldwin. "I actually had the opportunity to speak with Steve Phelps, President of NASCAR, and he told me what his thoughts were and what he was going to do and it did, it caught me off-guard. "It put me in a ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 261 views
-
-
Wallace – the only African American in NASCAR’s top level – ran a #BlackLivesMatter scheme on his Richard Petty Motorsports Chevrolet at Martinsville on Wednesday night, the day that NASCAR announced it was banning the Confederate flag from its grounds during events. Wallace has vociferously campaigned against racial injustice – and called for a ban on the flag during an appearance on CNN ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 261 views
-
-
Wallace, the only fulltime African American driver in the NASCAR Cup Series, was driving a No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Chevrolet at Martinsville adorned with livery highlighting the “Black Lives Matter” movement. Earlier in the day, NASCAR announced it would prohibit the display of the Confederate flag at all NASCAR races and properties – something Wallace called for Monday night in ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 237 views
-
-
Martin Truex Jr recovered from a pit-lane infringement penalty to dominate the NASCAR Cup Series race at Martinsville and score his first victory of the 2020 season View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 224 views
-
-
Full highlights from Wednesday night's Blue-Emu 500 NASCAR Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 190 views
-
-
With Blaney and Keselowski trailing, MTJ held the lead in the final lap of the NASCAR Cup Series Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 in Martinsville, VA View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 221 views
-
-
Even with new aero rules and new tire combinations to master, Truex overcame an early commitment line violation penalty on pit road to dominate the final stage and cruise to victory in Wednesday night’s Blue Emu 500. The win is Truex’s first of the 2020 season, second consecutive at Martinsville and 27th of his career. With 50 of 500 laps remaining, Truex had built a 3-second lead ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 243 views
-
-
Future Hall of Fame driver Jimmie Johnson is looking to qualify for the playoffs in his final season with a win at Martinsville. Johnson has the lead after stage 2. View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 217 views
-
-
Ironically, at the track where Bubba Wallace earned his first win, Martinsville, Wallace responds and applauds during a pre-race interview to the announcement that NASCAR has banned the Confederate flag at all NASCAR events and properties. View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 209 views
-
-
NASCAR has banned the display of the Confederate flag at all race tracks and properties, effective immediately, due to its racist symbolism View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 252 views
-
-
The flag was already banned from being displayed in any official capacity, but it remained prevalent in the infield at most race tracks. The sanctioning body has now gone a step further following comments from Bubba Wallace Monday on CNN with Don Lemon, where he said that there's no place for the flag in the sport anymore. NASCAR took a firm stance against racism last weekend at Atlanta ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 243 views
-
Recently Browsing 0
- No registered users viewing this page.