Nascar
12,562 topics in this forum
-
After picking up his second career win and a deep run in the playoffs, Briscoe earned the series’ rookie of the year honors in 2019 behind 13 top-five and 26 top-10 finishes in 33 races. SHR announced Monday Briscoe would return to the organization this season and make another run at the championship as a development driver with Ford Performance. “This is the first time I’ll be able to ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 249 views
-
-
Kyle Busch won his second NASCAR championship less than six weeks ago and is already back in a car View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 250 views
-
-
Villeneuve and Lemarie founded the FEED Racing academy last year, the same season in which Villeneuve made his racing return in the top division of the Euro Series. The FEED Racing team will enter two full-time entries for the 2020 Euro Series – for Villeneuve and Lemarie – with an expansion to four cars a possibility. Lemarie will share his entry with 17-year-old Belgian driver Simon ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 295 views
-
-
Hailie Deegan says Ford having a "clearer path" for its NASCAR junior drivers was key to her switch from Toyota View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 262 views
-
-
While Earnhardt’s driving career has been relegated of late to one Xfinity Series race per season, he remains one of NASCAR’s most popular and iconic figures, particularly from his continued work in the second half of every season with NBC Sports. In August, as NASCAR’s summer weekend at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway was getting underway with Truck series practices and a race on Thursday ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 283 views
-
-
Reality is biting hard in America’s most-popular racing category. The aftershocks from the major earthquake of Furniture Row Racing, which went from champions in 2017 with Martin Truex Jr. to shuttering its doors just a year later, are still being felt today. Sponsorship revenues continue to dwindle for teams in the face of ever-rising costs. At some point in the near future, Furniture Row ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 309 views
-
-
The news of Johnson’s impending retirement was not necessarily a surprise as 2020 was the final year of Johnson’s most recent contract with Hendrick Motorsports. However, there were a couple circumstances that weighed on Johnson, who at one point late this year was considering another contract extension. While Johnson, 44, has had a record-setting career in NASCAR, including at one point ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 318 views
-
-
Daytona 500 winner and legendary NASCAR team owner Junior Johnson has passed away at the age of 88 View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 298 views
-
-
It was luck. I didn’t have a fast car, and was way off the guys running up at the front, like Jack Smith and Cotton Owens in high-powered Pontiacs, in my Chevrolet. My car didn’t have a race motor design – it was a 348 cubic inch engine that you’d put in a truck or somethin’! But I had Ray Fox on my team, and he’s a great motor builder, so it lasted like it ’sposed to, but it just ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 303 views
-
-
Johnson, a native of North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, entered hospice care earlier this week with declining health before his passing. He was a member of the inaugural NASCAR Hall of Fame class in 2010, joining Bill France Sr. and Bill France Jr., as well Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty. The moonshiner turned racer was a pioneer of the sport and one of its first big stars. He enjoyed an ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 284 views
-
-
Small, a native of Melbourne, Australia, has worked with Truex for the last three seasons dating back to Furniture Row Racing. “This is an incredible opportunity,” the 36-year-old Small said. “Having the confidence of Coach, Martin and everyone at JGR means a lot to me. I moved to the United States six years ago to work in NASCAR and I wanted to work my way up to become a crew chief ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 261 views
-
-
A non-manufacturer specific version of the car has been tested on-track twice now with another test scheduled in January at Homestead-Miami Speedway. An updated engine is expected to follow in the 2021 season. In an exclusive interview this week, Motorsport.com spoke with Mark Rushbrook, the global director of Ford Performance Motorsports, on a variety of topics related to the ‘Next Gen’ ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 288 views
-
-
Ford Performance announced Tuesday that it had signed Deegan to a multi-year driver development deal that will utilize a patient and comprehensive approach to continue her progression through the NASCAR ranks. Deegan, 18, is the daughter of Brian Deegan, a motocross rider, off-road racer, and former X Games athlete who had his own successful history racing Fords. Hailie Deegan grew up racing ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 295 views
-
-
Ford has a “major announcement” planned for Monday afternoon at its Ford Performance Technical Center in Concord, N.C., during which it has said it will introduce a new development driver. Multiple sources have confirmed to Motorsport.com that Deegan has agreed to a multi-year driver development agreement with Ford and she will continue her NASCAR learning curve competing with ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 246 views
-
-
Rising junior NASCAR racer Hailie Deegan has left Toyota's development programme to move to Ford, Autosport has learned View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 302 views
-
-
The 2018 NHRA Pro Stock champion made his Truck Series debut earlier this year at Martinsville, placing 20th. He ran a further two races for David Gilliland, finishing as high as 16th at Homestead. At the regional level, he ran numerous races including the entire K&N Pro East Series season, winning once and ending the year third in the standings. "Tanner has done a great job in his ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 273 views
-
-
Sabates, 74, announced Thursday that he will retire as part-owner of Chip Ganassi Racing in 2020. Sabates entered NASCAR competition in 1987 as owner of SABCO Racing and became part-owner of Chip Ganassi Racing in 2001. “I look back to the 1980s when I first started in this sport, and I can tell you that the landscape has really changed. It’s been challenging at times, and tremendously ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 276 views
-
-
The organization announced Thursday that McDowell will once again pilot the No. 34 Ford next season while Nemechek will join the 2020 rookie of the year class driving the No. 38 Ford. FRM will return to a two-car operation next season, shutting down the No. 36 team. Matt Tifft has been competing with that team but left near the end of last season with health issues. Nemechek filled in for Tifft ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 308 views
-
-
The season, which includes 13 races, will head to Ohsweken Speedway on August 18th for the first dirt race in the series' history. Sunset Speedway and Circuit ICAR also return to the schedule after being absent for the last few years. “We believe the 2020 season will be one of the best we’ve seen for our fans and competitors,” said Gene Stefanyshyn, NASCAR Senior Vice President and ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 259 views
-
-
Poole will pilot the No. 15 Chevrolet Camaro, making his Cup Series debut in February's Daytona 500. “I’m very happy to welcome Brennan and his group to the Premium Motorsports Family. Brennan is a very talented and dedicated young man, I believe he has a very bright future in the NASCAR Cup Series,” said team owner Jay Robinson. The 28-year-old has 83 starts in the Xfinity Series ...Keep reading View the full article
-
- 0 replies
- 274 views
-
Recently Browsing 0
- No registered users viewing this page.